Our meeting began in the usual way with President Marcy Zajdel leading in the Pledge of Allegiance, God Bless America and our invocation by Rod Booker.
Sergeant at Arms Report:
Mark Barnhart reported 35 of our 75 members were in attendance.
Guests: Patty Lonsbary with Lisa Wassell
Foundation Moment with Gene James: 1 in 9 people worldwide do no have enough to eat. 60% of the world’s hungry people are women and girls. 70% of deaths among children occur within their first year. Every 20 seconds a child dies because of poor sanitation and 1 in 10 people worldwide lacks access to clean water. Rotarians across the globe are working to help people get enough food and to make sure they have clean water and adequate sanitation. There are thousands of Rotarians around the world working to improve the quality of life. It has been said that: “Rotarians do the work of God here on earth.”
Marcy’s Quote of the Week: “If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.”
Dates to Remember:
• Our Lady of Grace Food Pantry Distribution – first Saturday of every month
• Rotary Golf Outing – June 18, 2018 – Greensburg Country Club
• Rotary Family Picnic – August 7 – Twin Lakes Park
• Mountain View – Monday at 6:15 p.m. at Applebee’s Restaurant
• Westmoreland – Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. at Badges Bar & Grille
• Latrobe – Wednesday at 12 noon at DeNunzio’s Chophouse
• Norwin – Monday at 12:05 p.m. at Jacktown Rod and Hunt Club
• Delmont-Salem – Thursday at 7:00 a.m. at Kings Family Restaurant
• Murrysville-Export – Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. at The Lamplighter
• Mount Pleasant – Wednesday at 12 noon at Leo’s Pub & Grill
• Plum – Tuesday at 12:15 p.m. at Palmieri’s Restaurant
Mark Barnhart introduced today’s speaker, Tom Harold, Greensburg Then & Now. Tom showed us pictures and talked with us about downtown Greensburg. The specific area that he discussed was from the top of Main Street to the Courthouse. Some of the pictures he discussed are on his Facebook page: Greensburg: Then and Now
Our meeting ended in the usual way with the Four Way Test.
Respectfully submitted by, Marcy Zajdel