Our meeting began in the usual way with President Marcy Zajdel leading in the Pledge of Allegiance, God Bless America and our invocation by Tom Hower.
Sergeant at Arms Report:
Mark Barnhart reported 23 of our 73 members were in attendance.
Foundation Moment with Gene James: As one year ends and another begins, your District Foundation team wishes you a year filled with peace and the joy of knowing that through your contributions to the Rotary Foundation, you have made a difference in the world. Happy New Year!
Marcy’s Quote of the Week: It’s about to be a brand new year! And with that comes… a new month, a new week, a new day, a new chance, a new choice, a new beginning, a new you… and now anything is possible. Be sure to make the very best of every single day that you’ve been blessed with!
In the month of December, if you donate $55 to the Rotary Foundation, the club will match your $55. The $110 donation will buy one water filter for a needy family in Thailand. Please see Brian Beeghly to donate.
Melissa Bowman, Interact Advisor and Melissa, president of the Interact Club of Greensburg Salem High School talked about their Interact Club and recent projects as well as about their experience in attending the World Affairs Council.
Dates to Remember:
• Our Lady of Grace Food Pantry Distribution – first Saturday of every month
• Service Above Self Memorial Day 5K – May 28, 2018 – Lynch Field
• Rotary Golf Outing – June 18, 2018 – Greensburg Country Club
• Mountain View – Monday at 6:15 p.m. at Applebee’s Restaurant
• Westmoreland – Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. at Badges Bar & Grille
• Latrobe – Wednesday at 12 noon at DeNunzio’s Chophouse
• Norwin – Monday at 12:05 p.m. at Jacktown Rod and Hunt Club
• Delmont-Salem – Thursday at 7:00 a.m. at Kings Family Restaurant
• Murrysville-Export – Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. at The Lamplighter
• Mount Pleasant – Wednesday at 12 noon at Leo’s Pub & Grill
• Plum – Tuesday at 12:15 p.m. at Palmieri’s Restaurant
Jeff Balzer presented this month’s birthdays and anniversaries.
Birthdays: Bob Bloom, Will Brown, Earnest Fullwood, Bill Rudolph, John Sproull, Jr.
Anniversaries: Bob Bloom, Guy Dave, Pete Dochinez, Tom Hower, Bill Johnstown
Our meeting ended in the usual way with the Four Way Test.
Respectfully submitted by, Marcy Zajdel